Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Am So Grateful To Be Here!



As far as skyping goes i wish i could talk to you real quick to organize this... pero (but) its fine, I will plan to talk to you on Christmas eve...is that alright? (you can't answer but that is fine.) I will get on on the 24th - Christmas eve at 9 in the morning my time....i don't know the time difference tho so GET EVERYONE THERE!!! :) and then we can decide then when we will talk again. that should be late on the 23rd tho...Erin's b-day!

Oh my goodness don't talk about food!!! HAHAH it sounds SOOOO good!!!! I struggle with the food. but i figure if that's something I can control that makes the members happy with me so I eat lol. alot. 

It sounds like you all are doing soo well! That's so great! Its so great getting your email- they are the best
Alright now to the real part:

I am SO grateful to be here, I have felt the Lord bless me so much!! I haven't't felt homesick at all and have been staying really healthy! Which amazing especially in this hot humid weather walking all day! He has blessed me to become a stronger person and really make the most of every day. 

So this week was EXHAUSTING!! We go out working (tracting & preaching by the way) about 7 hours a day..and spend most of it walking, especially since we started with no investigators and no area book etc. So we have to work extra hard to find people. Luckily we have been able to get in contact with a lot of less actives and have taught several lessons a day, and got a lot of new investigators. Last Sunday night we got an ibd (investigator baptism date)!!! The one I talked about last week! His fam is Mormon and active and he was been taking the discussions for a while and is always very receptive. Jan 18! This is his fourth ibd (investigator baptism date)....BUT WE HAVE FAITH! hahaha this will be it. the hardest part is getting Brother J. to come to church...hopefully this week! The members are so willing to work with us and that's super helpful. This week we also found a golden family, five kids, super great, we LOVE them! We were able to teach them and hopefully next lesson set an ibd. 

Its the little things:

-One of the investigators, the elders have, works at a resort on the beach. um... can you say AH -MAZ-ING!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We had dinner on the beach! ahhh it was too perfect haha so much fun. and we got ICE-CREAM. best day ever.

-We have a 3 zone Christmas conference things and we each have to do a little play/skit thing and ours is pretty legit. (i will be sure to send pics next week!)

-The spirit in Missionary work is amazing. Cool Story; Me and Sis S were walking down one of the streets in the city about 6:30 p.m. and the spirit literally told me, "you need to go talk to them." It was a dad and his two daughters..she was probably about 9 and so I kinda ignored it (classic story da ba?) and they were all the way across the street and way ahead of us, but then it came to me again and so then I was like, "kay Sister S, we gotta go talk to them." hahah and as soon as I said that, they crossed the street to my side and then we sped up a little and right when I was about to be all kamusta po kayo (how are you?)...he TURNS AROUND AND SAYS, "KAMUSTA PO KAYO!" We don't even know this guy! No one ever does that! hahah like wha?! and THEN ASKS US IF WE ARE MORMON!! he said he saw Mormon missionaries all the time and we were able to share a message and he said he would love for us to come visit his family and talk to them. so cool. too perfect. so we will probably go to his house this week.

-Even if everyone doesn't accept the gospel or want to listen to us, at least we are planting the seed. Which is still way encouraging.

-everyone here feeds us. all the time. coke like 5 times a day and dinner and lunch appts. i have tried more food here than i have my whole life!

-last night was the First Presidency Christmas devotional.  Did you all see that?! so good!! I loved it!! 

-able to see all our batch mates at the new missionary training this week and last night at devotional and that was WAY fun!!! so good to catch up with everyone. (and it had only been a week...haha) 

-on Sunday...so funny...a lady was giving a talk in church and this little chubby 6 year old walks on the stage and starts just walking back and fourth and the 1st counselor is just eyeing him, just watching him and then finally after his like 6th time across, the counselor leaps over to him and grabs him around the stomach and just carries him off....HAHAHAH i was DYING. it was like a lion watching his prey and then he pounced. and then he just took him off the stage. too funny. if you didn't laugh it might have been a 'you had to be there moment' idk...hahaha

-did i ever tell you sis j is in my house? we live with each other. So great!

-i love sister s. we seriously get a long so well! its great. we have a lot of fun together.


I am so incredibly grateful for my Savoir Jesus Christ. on Sunday, the teacher asked, 'Who is Christ to you?' He is my brother, He is my Savoir and my Redeemer. I am so grateful for his atoning sacrifice, because through Him I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again and be with my Family forever and I can think of no greater blessing. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Remember the true meaning of Christmas! And think about what you can give to Christ this year, I would like to challenge you all to think about giving a Book of Mormon to someone. You can't give them a greater gift. The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel and testifies  of Christ. So this is the PERFECT time of year to give this book to someone. It is my greatest possession and I love it with all my heart. 

MAHAL KITA!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness i love you all SO much and can't wait to talk to you all!!!!!
love sis go

ps 
i promise my weeks are not boring they are packed with random great funny amazing experiences and i wish i could remember them all.

there are ducks, chickens and dogs and cats all over in the street and the other night there were a bunch of cats wandering around and I thought of the cat song "i just love them and i want them to be on a rainbow or in my bed..." lol and then i thought of devin, so tell her that lol
mom i saw a l p, and thought of you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment