Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Alright First I Will Start Off With... Monday, February 17, 2014


Alright first I will start off with thank you to mom for teaching me how to clean and clean thoroughly and dad for teaching me how to work hard. Alright that is all hahaha. 

Anyways, this week was great! Sorry I was late getting on today, the AP's took us with them after the interview to eat. We went to supposedly the best place halo halo place in San Fernando...i wouldn't know because it turns out i don't like halo halo...hahaha but i will send pics. We have continued teaching sister rosemary and found a lot of new investigators this week! The work is progressing! 

 ~Halo Halo~


This morning we had the baptism interview with president balledos and sister rosemary (because she is a special case) and of course, she passed! I have never seen anyone so excited for their baptism in my life!! I have never seen her smile so big and then at the very end she just looked at us and gave us a thumbs up. Ah my heart. haha she is so great. Her baptism is on Saturday so that is just soooo exciting! 

So I was studying a lot this week about this talk, called "The Fourth Missionary" (because Wednesday morning I was way sick so we didn't go out till 5 so I had time, look it up if you get a chance it is by a mission pres. i don't know which one, sis t gave me the talk) and let me tell you that is a great. talk. It talked about all the different kinds of missionaries there are, but what we all strive to be in the 4th. The one who REALLY looses (in this case) 'herself' in the work. Because I feel like you can serve, and you can serve with all your might, but what you can't forget, is you need to be serving with your heart and your mind. We need to give our heart and mind to the Lord completely. Give him our will. So that when we serve, we serve with everything in us. Not keeping one foot in America, but being completely in the Philippines, as a servant for the Lord, being a literal instrument in his hands. Because we are his hands. (did anyone get that last reference?) If we give him our will, our desire, he will shape us into the missionary he wants us to be. I don't know if this makes sense...just a thought... 

Wow....I promise it was a really great week...it doesn't sound that exciting but really....hahaha

I hope you are all doing well. I miss and love you all more than anything! 
MAHAL KITA!!!!

xoxoxoxo
sister golightly


No comments:

Post a Comment