Monday, September 22, 2014

SO This Week was Crazy! Typhoon "Super Mario" September 21, 2014

Helloooo my favorite people ever! 

SO this week was crazy...Yes. I know. I say that every week. But this week really was. Haha. Promise.

Tuesday we gave workshop..again. I don't know whether E. Moimoi is just lazy or likes to give other people a turn...hahaha Wednesday was american food day..sister dial was with the other sisters for exchanges and I haven't lived with americans for 6 months so we made chili and brownies. Oh so sweet. (thanks for the brownies parents)

Thursday...well nothing really exciting happened thursday...ok now getting to the exciting part..

FRIDAY. So guys. I experienced working through the worst storm of my life this week. It was called Typhoon "super Mario". All day friday we worked in the rain and heard there was a bagyo coming that night. we were at the guevarras and we stepped outside and instantly we were SOAKED like i mean DRENCHED. (yes, our umbrellas were out) we were supposed to go to an appt in pinsao but we could barely see anything in front of us the rain was so hard...literally it just hit you so hard with the wind and everything. so we figured the typhoon was getting stronger and so we started the 20 min walk home..oh wait walk? no it was more like hiking up diamond creek...like up creek for reals!! It didn't matter that all the lights went out on the streets because we couldn't see much anyways..but the typhoon got stronger that night so saturday we couldn't go out to work at all...

so here is the moral of my story/experience...

I remember during this moment trying to get home just feeling so...helpless. All my energy was gone. like I was on the verge of falling over...As me and my companion kept going I didn't realize it till almost getting home that I had been praying that entire time..Praying that I would just be able to put one foot in front of the other. I can't explain the feeling I felt, besides exhaustion, I just felt so calm and and that He is so aware of me. I know Heavenly Father will always be there to help us in our times of need. 

"It is better to stand in a storm with God, then anywhere else without Him"

I love my Heavenly Father so much and am so thankful that we were safe and nothing happened to our Apartment and the other Missionaries in Baguio. Remember to keep the people here in your prayers. I love you all so much.

xoxoxoxo
s golightly

P.S....
i left out all the times we caught rats...we have soooooooooooo many in our house we come home and they are all just scurrying across the counters hahahaha
~B-day lunch for Sister J~

No comments:

Post a Comment