Sunday, December 21, 2014

We were SO blessed this week!

Hello familyyyy.


So every week sympre has its ups and downs...and always the ups outway the downs. But I feel like this week it was all upssssss. Like, wow. We were SO blessed this week. It was one of those weeks on sunday nights we just looked back and saw changes. I mean we have seen changes. In the area, in the people we are teaching...in the ward...its been a Christmas miracle. I know that there is no way that would be possible without prayer (and the prayers of you all) hard work, and the help of Heavenly Father.

Where do I even start?! Ok, how about the fact (now I will refer you back to two or three weeks ago, in the email when I shared the exciting news we had found an inv who was actually interested, Regine.) welp everyone, she came to church. Not only did this cute little pregnant woman come to church but she also brought her husband. We have been able to continue to teach her the past couple weeks and she is still praying to knw but has been reading the book of mormon and has so much potential. She is due in like two weeks and does everything like normal its so funny. Our other inv Cecile went back to her province but will be coming back hopefully by the end of this month.

Now another miracle, our less active family that we have been working with for how many months now iscomin. back. It has been AMAZING to see the changes in that couple. especially brother...he went from getting drunk everyday and now hasn't drank in almost three weeks.  His desire is SO strong and he committed to come back to church this week on sunday for the first time in a couple years. He was very active before and when we teach him we can see the affects of the atonement in his life as he is changing. Really its incredible. He is reading the b of m again and (i think he knows it better than I do haha) his wife even bore her testimony in church last week about how the gospel back in her life is making all the difference. Like people the gospel is just so true. 

Once again, like I know I say every week. I am so grateful to be serving here. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.  In Moroni 10:32 it talks about coming unto christ at maging ganap sa kanya..becoming perfect in him..I know we can do that. through him our lives can be changed. I know the hard times in our lives help us grow stronger. I love my Savior and I am grateful for the humbling opportunity to represent Him and share my knowledge of the gospel to the people here in the Philippines.

Have a fabulous week everyone! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!! MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO! 
xoxoxoxox
S. Golightly

Lastly, a shout out to the greatest pakistani companion in the world Sister Haider, because she is getting transferred tomorrow. I will seriously miss her so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment