Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Absolute Favorite Christmas and New Years January 4, 2015

Hellloooo Familyyyy :) 

And I am coming to you live frommmm Baguio! I have actually kinda missed it here! Its so weird to see my old area, etc. But anywho :) so its Sister Sawada's birthday today so we took a bus up here this morning after studies to baguio. :) Which could not have been very good on my back with the winding roads and being completely smushed between people (like talk about"itty bitty livin space"..name that movie and I willlll be very happy. lets be honest jessica got that one in probably less than three seconds.) okeeeyy anywaysss..on the plus side, weather is b-e-a-uitful. (I make that sound like there arn't a lot of pluses but really there are many.)

So anyways, I know it comes up every week about how much I love missionary work....but really. I do. haha This has probably been one of my absolute favorite Christmas' and New Years. Like SO MASAYA. This week we were able to finish giving out our framed pictures of Christ (which turned out so beautiful by the way) to our less actives and investigators and had the neatest lessons.The work continues and is going great. One of our inv. shirly is really progressing so much. She accepted an ibd the other week and came to church again yesterday. We also started teaching her kids and sana we can teach her husband too soon.  

Saturday was the half day mission which went well...this branch is so into the missionary work it is SO AWESOME. I love it so much. 

Now for some random stuff....

New years was so great. It kind of sounded like world war 3 outside with all the fireworks..that lasted for a couple days. It was so loud and our neighbors serenaded us that night outside our window with videoke until around 2 am so we didn't get a lot of sleep. haha I feel it is like the biggest holiday here..people party..and oh man do they cook...we are talking SO MUCH FOOD. we had eating appts all afternoon on new years eve and I have never been so full. In between our food appts? More unplanned food appts. I kid not. We had curfew at 6 pm tho on new years eve and new years day. 

I was writing in my journal the other night and was looking back at 2014..like wow. I don't know if I can sum it up in words. It has been the most productive, eventful, happiest, hardest, meaningful, unexpected, exhausting, changing, challenging, joyful, spiritual, crazy, amazing, scheduled, unplanned year of my life. And I wouldn't go back and change it for the world. I miss you all so much sympre, but I have such peace knowing this is where god wants me to be. 

I love you all to the moon and back. ps family. write me.  
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL
xoxoxoxoxoxox
s golightly

oh and i met the lady who knows brother lewis she is in bauang branch 1 and she was sooo kind! she said he was her zl on the mish! HOW CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment