Friday, March 13, 2015

Its Amazing the Power of Prayer!! March 1, 2015

guten tag???........hahahahah your so funny daddy. Its amazing the power of prayer and studying the atonement. I'm serious. I have been doing a lot better. One day this week actually it was on wednesday...we were having 12 weeks (the training program) and we had this super great talk about teaching skills and things we needed to work on and teaching to peoples needs...we were totally pumped and focused on the work and then we went out and we did it! we totally were able to teach to peoples needs...the lessons we had that day(7) went SO WELL and the spirit was there for all of them. I literally felt the spirit all day! .  yesterday I was reading jesus the christ for personal study....btw that book is SO amazing...like seriously. I love it so much. although i have to keep a dictionary close by cuz sometimes i just don't understand...for the most part its life changing. haha i would seriously recommend reading it if you ever have time not fixing things for mom! hahaha
to answer your next question...i love everything about being a missionary...every. single. thing. I love being a missionary. more than anything in the world. I am completely serious. even the hard times/parts...it just makes me stronger. I am grateful for the struggles, because I couldn't grow and lean on heavenly father and jesus christ with out them. Yesterday we were teaching S and she mentioned that April was coming close...I kid you not, at that moment, I almost burst out crying, my throat closed and I almost lost it. She only MENTIONED it and I couldn't even think about it. 

We give away a couple BOM's every week...we focus tlga on giving away pamphlets and then teach from them and then at the next lesson when we explain the bom we give them one. The work has been going so well tho this week. Right now I feel is like the hardest part of the mission, but at the same time its the most...idk like the most things are happening. weird huh? Wierd how its the very end of the mission that has been the hardest for me. But I know heavenly father's hand is in everything.
Thanks for your emails! I love you so much! 
oh and btw I got your dear elders this week. thank you so much for sending that talk by elder holland ...there was so much i loved in that. I cut parts out so i could read it when i need too. 
 guess what?! we found out the greatest news on monday! We ran into some elders that are in my old area in baguio and I don't know if you remember hopefully you do, but remember my first transfer in baguio and I mentioned sister m...do you remember her? the one me and sister de jose found? (ok lets be honest...it was the spirit. haha) but i just felt so strong i needed to say something to her and she was walking her kids home from school...I knew at that moment one day she would be baptized. we ended up teaching her and extended around 4 ibds (potential goal baptism dateS) and just never gave up on her and kept teaching her we taught her all 6 months i was there.. I found out monday from the elders she is getting baptized the end of this month. I can't tell you how happy i was. Just PURE JOY. I don't know if i can explain exactly how i felt...like you know that i was in guisad 6 months...and I also found out on monday another one of me and sis lacdoos investigators we found was baptized last month. not just him, but his whole family...I guess the best word for how i felt would be seed planter. I felt like I was just the one to plant the seed and start to teach... Like I was just so happy to hear that they had been baptized and are going to be baptized...it was just all so worth it...the long hike up more than 150 stairs to reach M's house 4 times a week...just everything. working so hard every day and having no regrets.. I know that I played the part heavenly father wanted me too...and i know i followed the spirit. although i didn't get to see or won't see the baptisms of our old inv...I am just so happy to know that are entering into that sacred covenant. does that even make sense? Idk.

This week the work went really well... we are finding so much. we are seeing SO much progress. with the less actives and our inv. I know that when the spirit is able to work through us and work through our teaching...ah man. the results. Remember the referral I told you about from brother t? well not only brother t has an ibd, but now brother O does too (the referral) I still think its like the coolest thing ever. Like how awesome?!?! That its not the members giving us the referrals, its our investigators...it should be the other way around but they really realize the importance of the gospel and want to share their happiness with others. Sister s is still doing well and is working toward march 14...she keeps reading the bom everyday and is now in mosiah...it was so cool to hear her testimony yesterday.  her faith amazes me. 

Anywhoooo I am just so grateful to be serving right now. I love this work, I love HIS work so much. This gospel is true. 
xoxoxoxo
your daughter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment