Monday, March 23, 2015

What a Week! Getting fingerprinted!! March 22, 2015

Heyyyy! 

What a week! It has been interesting to say the least. We had the manila trip this week for fingerprinting. they texted us and told us I would be going to Lingsat (by myself) on thursday night after proselyting. So yeah, you totally know me. I don't really like doing things all by my self. so I was a little stressed at first but made it on the jeep to San Fernando and on a tryke to lingsat all my my self. really it wasn't a big deal haha I have done that a million times with a companion...i think the feeling was just weird of being alone with no comp after 17 months. Anyways so all the other foreigner sisters from my batch were already at the house so we all ended up talking until about 1:00 a.m. when the AP's and president came to pick us up to take us to the bus station around 1:30 a.m...we all finally got on the bus around 2:00 a.m. There were around 8 sisters and 4 elders that went. When we were all settled, about 5 minutes into the bus ride, two grandmas got on and there were no more seats... so the guy pulled out two little stools (which is normal... that's what they do when the bus is full) but i mean, they were so old...and it was 2:00 a.m. in the morning...so I was very impressed when two of the elders got up and gave them their seats and took the stools in the aisle. so the bus ride continues and then two minutes later, the last stop, a mother gets on with two of her young kids....they get buckets in the aisle too...except no one got up for them. soooo sister jackson and i got up and gave them our seat. (i have no idea where the other elders were during this moment). the mother and her two kids sat there and me and sister jackson sat on buckets, in the aisle, until around 6:00 a.m.  or 7:00 am, until it was so uncomfortable, we stood the rest of the ride into manila. sis j was such a trooper! she did not feel well at all the whole night. once we got there to the bus station in manila we took two vans to the bureau or immigration and then started the process of waiting...and waiting and then getting the finger prints and then...waiting...and then getting passports...and then waiting....and after the waiting we waited. I was sleeping standing up. ahaha jk but we were all zombies. after that...well we WERE in manilla soo the drivers took us to TACO BELL!!!!!!!!!!! I was on cloud nine. literally heaven. I was so happy I wanted to cry...or it might have been the lack of sleep...but still...i couldn't taste anything I don't know why but just the fact we were there was so happy. lol. and then we drove around manila for what felt like forever until we got back to the bus station and got on a bus back around 3:00 p.m. from there we took the ride home to bauang and arrived around 9:00 p.m.. 
It was fun to catch up with sister jackson. I have really missed her! and sister haider!!! she always makes me laugh sooo hard. It was great to be with her again. It was such an exhausting trip and i felt like all the days were just a blur...but it was good. 
 
The work this week was ok, we struggled a lot between the trip and then I got sick again. But Bro T still came to church yesterday and is doing well and really progressing. Sister s. as well, we were able to have an AMAZING lesson with her and brohter F. about the restoration on tuesday and the spirit was so strong. It was so great...yesterday they couldn't come to church because sister p. was in the hospital..but we went to visit them in san Fernando and she is doing better.

I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here in bauang at this time serving here. I say it er week. but I love being a missionary. This really is the Lord's work. I see his hand in this work everyday. 

This gospel is true. 

xoxoxox
s golightly

No comments:

Post a Comment